Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Columbus Ohio
Have you been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident? We’ve helped others like you.
Motorcycle riders are distinctly vulnerable on our highways and roadways. Often times, drivers fail to notice a motorcyclist until it’s too late to avoid a collision.
Injured in a motorcycle accident? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
The dangers faced by motorcyclists are compounded by riders having only limited amounts of protection between themselves and the pavement to guard against injuries. This is why about 80 percent of motorcycle accidents can cause serious injuries or death. It is reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration that about 2,000 motorcyclists are killed each year and another 50,000 are injured from motorcycle accidents, with head injuries as the leading cause of death and serious injuries. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Columbus, Ohio, please contact Erney Law to help you get the medical treatment and financial compensation you’re entitled to.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
5 reasons why you need a motorcycle accident lawyer in Columbus, Ohio.
- A motorcycle accident attorney has your best interest in mind and wants to earn you the highest amount of medical and financial compensation as possible. The insurance company representing the person at fault do not have your best interests in mind and want to offer you as little compensation as possible.
- A motorcycle accident attorney like Rob Erney in Columbus, Ohio will fight the insurance companies with proof of how much compensation you’re entitled to.
- An experienced motorcycle accident attorney has the ability to answer any questions you may have at any time, they know how to properly file a legal claim, and you’ll have someone dedicated to your legal needs.
- Should your case reach the courtroom, your motorcycle accident attorney will serve as your representation, they know all the facts about your case, and will be better equipped to favorably speak to the jury on your behalf.
- Your motorcycle accident attorney will allow you to focus on recovery rather than spending all your time and resources trying to navigate your way through your case inexperienced and alone.
What are the typical motorcycle accident injuries in Columbus, Ohio?
As motorcycle accident attorneys in Columbus, Ohio, the most typical injuries we see sustained in motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts, scrapes and abrasions
- Road rash
- Neck and back injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Temporary or permanent paralysis
- Burn injuries
- Organ damage
- Joint, tendon, muscle or ligament tears
- Wrongful death
Typical questions to ask if you have a motorcycle accident in Columbus, Ohio.
The impact of injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident can be life-altering for you and your loved ones. Here are some questions you should ask when hiring an attorney to represent you in a motorcycle accident case:
- What am I entitled to receive compensation for?
- Who is liable for the damages I suffered in my motorcycle accident?
- Do I really need an attorney?
- What if the defendant can’t afford to pay the compensation I’m awarded?
- How much will I pay in attorney fees?
- How long will it take to reach a settlement?
- Who is held accountable for motorcycle accidents that resulted from road defects?
- What if I sustained head injuries because I wasn’t wearing a helmet?
What can I be compensated for after a motorcycle accident in Columbus, Ohio?
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain & Suffering
- Medical Bills
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
Over a year ago I was involved in a car accident and was injured. I contacted Erney Law in Columbus Ohio and spoke to Mary Erney. The following day I met up with the father-daughter duo Robert & Mary Erney... best decision I ever made. They fought for my case 100%. Their honesty and open communication gave me assurance that I was in good hands. Thank you to Mary Erney for being understanding, caring, knowledgeable & determined. If you looking for a great attorney I highly recommend Erney Law.
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
If injured, we make absolutely sure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies to ensure the best possible outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is motorcycle insurance different than automobile insurance?
Often times automobile insurance policies will exclude providing coverage to you if you are on a motorcycle. It is critical that you either purchase separate motorcycle coverage or speak with your agent to verify that your motorcycle is covered along with your automobile. You should purchase as much Uninsured / Underinsured motorist coverage that you can afford, as injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident are often times very severe.
What are my rights if I was injured as a passenger on a motorcycle?
If you were injured as a passenger on a motorcycle, you may be entitled to insurance coverage from the at-fault driver and/or the driver of the motorcycle. You also may be entitled to coverage from your own insurance policy. Each situation is unique and requires a lawyer to carefully investigate and review all applicable insurance coverage available.
Will my own automobile insurance medical payments coverage apply if I am injured on a motorcycle while driving or as a passenger?
It depends upon the language in the policies. Some automobile policies have an exclusion for medical payments coverage if you are operating a motor vehicle with less than four wheels. We will be able to analyze this for you and let you know if your insurance policy provides medical payments coverage if you have been injured on a motorcycle.
Am I required by law to wear a helmet when I ride a motorcycle?
In Ohio, if you are over the age of 18, there is no legal requirement to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. If you are under the age of 18, you must wear a helmet if you are a passenger on a motorcycle. Wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle may help reduce injuries if you are involved in an accident.
Do I have to have a special license to drive a motorcycle?
In Ohio, a motorcycle endorsement for your license is required to operate a motorcycle. You may take classes at one of several places and must pass a test administered by the Ohio State Highway Patrol to obtain the endorsement.
Free Case Evaluation
We're eager to meet with you, see how we can help and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio