Rob Erney started his law practice, Erney Law, Co., L.P.A., on July 1, 1998. The practice is located at 1654 East Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43203. Mr. Erney has a general civil tort practice in the fields of personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, premises liability, insurance disputes, employment litigation, sexual harassment in the workplace, and pharmaceutical liability. He represents injured people in all Ohio and Federal Courts, as well as, administrative agencies. Mr. Erney believes that lawyers must hold firm to their moral and ethical values, keep a good sense of humor, communicate honestly with the Court and cooperate with opposing counsel. He believes that law is a service profession designed to help people solve problems and disputes.
- Ohio Dominican College – B.A. 1975 Cum Laude
- University of Cincinnati, College of Law – J.D. 1984
- Fraternity: Phi Alpha Delta
- Recipient: American Jurisprudence Award in Torts; Lawrence Maxwell Memorial Prize for
Excellence in Appellate Advocacy; Anderson-Moot Court Award, National Competition
- Columbus Bar Association, 1986 to present; Chair, Negligence Law Committee 1993 through
1995; Member, Trial Advocacy, Professionalism and Common Pleas Court Committees; one of
the founders of the CBA Trial Advocacy Institute; lecturer/organizer of CBA Seminars involving
negligence, trial skills, product liability and appellate practice; active in Practice Interview
Program; Member of Lawyers for Justice Program.
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 1986 to present; Negligence Law Committee 1993 to
- American Bar Association; Member, 1986 to present, Member of Negligence, Medical
Malpractice, Product Liability and Insurance Sections, 1988 to present.
- American Association for Justice; Member, 1986 to present
- Ohio Association for Justice; Member, 1992 to present
- Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association; Member, 1986 to present, Board of Directors, 2000
– present; Chairman, Medical Negligence Committee, currently Vice-President
- Cincinnati Bar Association; Member, 1984-1986
- Admitted to practice law in all Ohio Courts, 1984; United States District Court, Western
Division of Ohio, 1985; United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth District, 1986; Supreme
Court of the United States of America, 1988;
- American Inns of Court, Robert Duncan Chapter, 1994-1996; Rotary Club of Columbus, 1996-
present, currently First Vice-President; Community Service Committee; Columbus Chamber of
Commerce, 1994-2004; Holy Spirit Parish, Parish Council, Parish Finance Council; Walnut
Heights Youth Athletic Association, Trustee; Big Brother with Big Brothers/Big Sisters
Association 1975-1976; Hospital volunteer Ohio State University Hospitals 1976
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
Over a year ago I was involved in a car accident and was injured. I contacted Erney Law in Columbus Ohio and spoke to Mary Erney. The following day I met up with the father-daughter duo Robert & Mary Erney... best decision I ever made. They fought for my case 100%. Their honesty and open communication gave me assurance that I was in good hands. Thank you to Mary Erney for being understanding, caring, knowledgeable & determined. If you looking for a great attorney I highly recommend Erney Law.
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
If injured, we make absolutely sure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies to ensure the best possible outcome.
We're Proud Members
Free Case Evaluation
We're eager to meet with you, see how we can help and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio