Rob Erney started his law practice, Erney Law, Co., L.P.A., on July 1, 1998. The practice is located at 1654 East Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43203. Mr. Erney has a general civil tort practice in the fields of personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, premises liability, insurance disputes, employment litigation, sexual harassment in the workplace, and pharmaceutical liability. He represents injured people in all Ohio and Federal Courts, as well as, administrative agencies. Mr. Erney believes that lawyers must hold firm to their moral and ethical values, keep a good sense of humor, communicate honestly with the Court and cooperate with opposing counsel. He believes that law is a service profession designed to help people solve problems and disputes.
- Ohio Dominican College – B.A. 1975 Cum Laude
- University of Cincinnati, College of Law – J.D. 1984
- Fraternity: Phi Alpha Delta
- Recipient: American Jurisprudence Award in Torts; Lawrence Maxwell Memorial Prize for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy; Anderson-Moot Court Award, National Competition
- Columbus Bar Association, 1986 – present; Chair, Negligence Law Committee 1993 – 1995; Member, Trial Advocacy, Professionalism and Common Pleas Court Committees; one of the founders of the CBA Trial Advocacy Institute; lecturer / organizer of CBA Seminars involving negligence, trial skills, product liability and appellate practice; active in Practice Interview Program; Member of Lawyers for Justice Program. Current President (2020 – 2021)
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 1986 – present; Negligence Law Committee 1993 – present.
- American Bar Association; Member, 1986 – present, Member of Negligence, Medical Malpractice, Product Liability and Insurance Sections, 1988 – present.
- American Association for Justice; Member, 1986 – present
- Ohio Association for Justice; Member, 1992 – present
- Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association; Member, 1986 – present, Board of Directors, 2000 – present; Chairman, Medical Negligence Committee, currently Vice-President
- Cincinnati Bar Association; Member, 1984 – 1986
- Admitted to practice law in all Ohio Courts, 1984; United States District Court, Western Division of Ohio, 1985; United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth District, 1986; Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1988;
- American Inns of Court, Robert Duncan Chapter, 1994 – 1996; Rotary Club of Columbus, 1996 – present, currently First Vice-President; Community Service Committee; Columbus Chamber of Commerce, 1994 – 2004; Holy Spirit Parish, Parish Council, Parish Finance Council; Walnut Heights Youth Athletic Association, Trustee; Big Brother with Big Brothers / Big Sisters Association 1975 – 1976; Hospital volunteer Ohio State University Hospitals 1976;
No legal fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
Free, no-obligation case evaluation
Fair and full justice you deserve
What Our Clients Say
"This team was very compassionate and professional. My lawsuit was extremely frustrating and complicated and they always seem to make me feel better at the end of the day. They were concerned not only with getting me my settlement and fighting for what was right but also concerned with my well being and health! I am so glad I went with this team to handle my case. I would recommend them to anyone."
"Over a year ago I was involved in a car accident and was injured. I contacted Erney Law in Columbus Ohio and spoke to Mary Erney. The following day I met up with the father-daughter duo Robert & Mary Erney... best decision I ever made. They fought for my case 100%. Their honesty and open communication gave me assurance that I was in good hands. Thank you to Mary Erney for being understanding, caring, knowledgeable & determined. If you looking for a great attorney I highly recommend Erney Law."
"Mary and Mr. Erney were very helpful in my case. I didn't have to call and remind them of anything. I heard from them often and never had to reach out for an update. What I loved most was that they recognized who I was every time I stopped by. I didn't feel like just another client like most places make you feel. They were both very professional. I felt comfortable and trusted their advice every step of the way. I will definitely use Mary and Mr. Erney again in the future!"
"Back in Late 2018, I was T-Boned by a Mail Van that went speeding through a stop sign. I wasn't able to fully use my right hand for almost 5 months and this was the first time I had even taken on legal representation. She was very transparent through the entire process and kept me up to date as things progressed with my suit."
"First off let me say, if I could give more than 5 stars, I would! I had the pleasure of working with Mary Erney of Erney Law. She and her entire firm were absolutely amazing! I was searching for an attorney who would take my case since I lived out of state. I thought there was no hope at all. I found Erney Law via online search. I spoke to Mary and from the very first conversation, I knew I wanted her to be my attorney. Why? Because she cared! From the start, her approach was a caring one. She took time to get to know me and my situation and she put her all into my case. She walked me through every step of the process and she was very patient with me and willing to explain any and everything. I could go on and on about the amazing experience I had working with Mary Erney and Erney law. If you are looking for a law firm to handle your case AND one who cares about you as a person, this is the one! I want to say thank you Mary and everyone at Erney Law. It has been a pleasure working with you!"
"Rob and Mary are the best in Columbus. They are very kind and compassionate and will do everything in their power to get you what you deserve. They took the time to come meet with me on multiple occasions when I was in a care facility. They answered all of my questions and explained the processes. I felt completely in the know the entire time. They offered to represent me in court and fought for me with insurance companies with great success. I would highly recommend them to anyone who has been injured in an accident. Next time I need a lawyer they will be my first and only call!"
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and winning your claim is not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
We ensure you receive the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We relieve the worry and burden of dealing with insurance companies and maximize your financial recovery.
We're Proud Members
We're eager to meet with you about your legal issues, see how we can help, and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your personal injury case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your personal injury case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your personal injury case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio