Slip and Fall Lawyer Columbus Ohio
Have you been hurt as the result of a slip and fall accident? Let us help you make a case.
The most common injuries on someone else’s property is due to slipping and falling. Nearly 22% of all emergency room visits are a result of slip and fall injuries.
Have you been injured in a slip and fall accident? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
Slip & fall accidents occur when a person experiences an injury from a slip, trip or fall as a result of a dangerous condition on another person’s property. Property owners are responsible for dangerous conditions on their property if they created them, knew about them or should have known about them. This is known as premises liability, and depending on the circumstances, an injury case involving compensation may be in order if there is evidence that an injury was the result of the property owner’s mistake or negligence. If you have been injured because of a trip, slip or fall on someone else’s property, contact Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio to fight for the compensation you’re entitled to.
No legal fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
Free, no-obligation case evaluation
Fair and full justice you deserve
5 reasons why you need a slip and fall attorney in Columbus, Ohio.
- A slip and fall attorney can establish fault for your case. Your attorney will investigate exactly how your fall occurred by getting the proper information to piece together the chain of events that lead to your injury.
- A slip and fall attorney has the experience and knowledge required to prove the amount of loss you suffered due to your injuries sustained in a slip and fall accident.
- The property owner of the location in which you were injured will likely have an insurance company backing them who does not want to pay the settlement you deserve. A slip and fall law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio will fight the insurance companies with proof of the amount of compensation you’re entitled to.
- A slip and fall attorney will provide you the best possible representation in court and will be able to articulate your position to the jury in a favorable light.
- Your slip and fall attorney will allow you to focus on recovery rather than spending all your time and resources trying to navigate your way through your case inexperienced and alone.
What are the typical causes of slip and fall accidents in Columbus, Ohio?
Determining the cause of the slip & fall accident is essential in moving forward with a slip & fall claim and requires a clear understanding of how the accident occurred and if the property owner was aware of the condition that led to the injury. Here is a list of common causes of slip and fall accidents:
- Improperly Lit Stairways
- Lack of Proper Railings on Stairs
- Food or Liquid Spills
- Improperly Constructed Sidewalks
- Changes in Flooring Type
- Loose Rugs or Floor Mats
- Manholes Without Warning
- Weather Conditions
Typical questions your attorney will ask if you have a slip and fall accident in Columbus, Ohio?
In the process of finding fault in your slip and fall accident, your attorney will likely ask the following questions:
- What were you wearing on your feet?
- Which part of your body struck the ground first?
- Where were you looking while you walking when you slipped or tripped?
- Were you carrying anything that might have blocked your view?
- Were you using the hand rail on the steps you fell down?
- Did you notice the surface was slippery prior to walking on it?
How can I be prove the negligence of a property owner for a slip and fall accident in Columbus, Ohio?
Here are some factors to consider when investigating a slip and fall accident in an attempt to find the property owner negligent:
- Did the owner of the property have adequate time to remove the hazardous condition or obstacle prior to your slip and fall accident?
- Is there a policy in place at the property or businesses that enforces regular inspections of the property for potentially hazardous conditions?
- If there were hazardous conditions, could there have been preventative measures in place to avoid the dangers of a slip and fall accident?
- Was poor lighting or limited visibility a contributing factor in your slip and fall accident?
- Were you distracted or engaging in any activity that could have contributed to your accident?
- Were there legitimate reasons for you to be in a hazardous area?
- Were there any signs or warnings posted in the area in which you tripped, slipped and fell?
What Our Clients Say
"This team was very compassionate and professional. My lawsuit was extremely frustrating and complicated and they always seem to make me feel better at the end of the day. They were concerned not only with getting me my settlement and fighting for what was right but also concerned with my well being and health! I am so glad I went with this team to handle my case. I would recommend them to anyone."
"Over a year ago I was involved in a car accident and was injured. I contacted Erney Law in Columbus Ohio and spoke to Mary Erney. The following day I met up with the father-daughter duo Robert & Mary Erney... best decision I ever made. They fought for my case 100%. Their honesty and open communication gave me assurance that I was in good hands. Thank you to Mary Erney for being understanding, caring, knowledgeable & determined. If you looking for a great attorney I highly recommend Erney Law."
"Mary and Mr. Erney were very helpful in my case. I didn't have to call and remind them of anything. I heard from them often and never had to reach out for an update. What I loved most was that they recognized who I was every time I stopped by. I didn't feel like just another client like most places make you feel. They were both very professional. I felt comfortable and trusted their advice every step of the way. I will definitely use Mary and Mr. Erney again in the future!"
"Back in Late 2018, I was T-Boned by a Mail Van that went speeding through a stop sign. I wasn't able to fully use my right hand for almost 5 months and this was the first time I had even taken on legal representation. She was very transparent through the entire process and kept me up to date as things progressed with my suit."
"First off let me say, if I could give more than 5 stars, I would! I had the pleasure of working with Mary Erney of Erney Law. She and her entire firm were absolutely amazing! I was searching for an attorney who would take my case since I lived out of state. I thought there was no hope at all. I found Erney Law via online search. I spoke to Mary and from the very first conversation, I knew I wanted her to be my attorney. Why? Because she cared! From the start, her approach was a caring one. She took time to get to know me and my situation and she put her all into my case. She walked me through every step of the process and she was very patient with me and willing to explain any and everything. I could go on and on about the amazing experience I had working with Mary Erney and Erney law. If you are looking for a law firm to handle your case AND one who cares about you as a person, this is the one! I want to say thank you Mary and everyone at Erney Law. It has been a pleasure working with you!"
"Rob and Mary are the best in Columbus. They are very kind and compassionate and will do everything in their power to get you what you deserve. They took the time to come meet with me on multiple occasions when I was in a care facility. They answered all of my questions and explained the processes. I felt completely in the know the entire time. They offered to represent me in court and fought for me with insurance companies with great success. I would highly recommend them to anyone who has been injured in an accident. Next time I need a lawyer they will be my first and only call!"
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and winning your claim is not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
We ensure you receive the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We relieve the worry and burden of dealing with insurance companies and maximize your financial recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions
I was injured at my apartment complex. What are my legal rights?
Ohio law affords renters certain protections under the law if they are injured on their rental property. Depending on the facts of your injury, you may be entitled to make a claim against your landlord to compensate you for your medical bills, lost earnings, and pain and suffering.
I was injured at someone else’s home. What are my legal rights?
If you are injured at someone else’s home because of their negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Our law firm will listen to all of the facts of your injury and will be able to advise you if you have a valid claim for damages. Depending on what happened, you may be entitled to financial compensation under the homeowner’s insurance policy. It is important that you talk to our law firm before making the claim and giving a statement to the insurance company.
What facts create liability in Ohio in a slip and fall accident case?
In Ohio, the shopkeeper/homeowner must have notice of a dangerous condition on the premises and fail to warn others about it or remedy the dangerous condition.
We're eager to meet with you about your legal issues, see how we can help, and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your personal injury case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your personal injury case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your personal injury case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio