Prescription Error Lawyer Columbus Ohio
Have you or a loved one been injured or suffered from the result of a prescription error?
Pharmacists have a duty to customers to make sure that the proper medication is dispensed pursuant to the doctor’s prescription or order.
Have you or your children suffered because of a prescription error? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
Many people rely on prescriptions and over-the-counter medication when facing temporary ailments or chronic problems, and they trust that their pharmacist will correctly dispense the appropriate prescription. However, mistakes can unfortunately occur. Pharmacy Negligence (or pharmacy malpractice) occurs when errors are involved in the prescription process due to a variety of reasons. Large pharmacy companies have access to a complete record of what medications have been dispensed to a particular individual. That puts the pharmacist in a position to recognize if a doctor makes a mistake in prescribing a type of medication or dosage that might contradict with another prescription written by another doctor. If you have received the wrong medication or instructions and it caused suffering for you or a loved one, you may have a case. Contact Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio to help you get the compensation you deserve.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
5 reasons why you need a prescription error lawyer in Columbus, Ohio.
- The insurance company representing the pharmaceutical company, pharmacy or pharmacist at fault want to offer you as little compensation as possible. A prescription error law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio has your best interest in mind and wants to earn your family the highest amount of medical and financial compensation as possible.
- A prescription error lawyer will fight the insurance companies with proof of how much compensation you’re entitled to for the loss of your loved one.
- An experienced prescription error attorney has the ability to answer any questions you may have at any time, they know how to properly file a legal claim, and you’ll have someone dedicated to your family’s legal needs.
- Should your case reach the courtroom, your attorney will serve as your loved ones representation, they know all the facts about your case, and will be better equipped to favorably speak to the jury on your loved ones behalf.
- Your prescription error lawyer will allow you to focus on you or your loved ones health rather than spending all your time and resources trying to navigate your way through your case inexperienced and alone.
What should you do if you are a victim of a prescription error in Columbus, Ohio?
A prescription error could cause a variety of adverse effects to the person taking the wrong medication or dosage. This type of error could even lead to death. Prescription errors happen a lot more often than people think. Here is what you should do immediately after discovering an error in your medication:
- The first thing you need to do is call your doctor right away
- After you’ve spoken with your doctor, call the pharmacy immediately
- Do NOT take or give the mis-filled medication under any circumstances
- Save every pill that came in the pill container
- Save the bag and receipt that the medication came in
- Do NOT give a recorded statement to anyone without the help of your attorney
What are the leading causes of prescription error in Columbus, Ohio?
Every pharmacy is different and operates under their own processes and procedures. A recent study found that the most common causes of errors cited by pharmacists were:
- Too many phone calls
- Overloaded / busier than usual day
- Too many customers
- Loss of concentration
- No one available to double check outgoing medications
- Staffing shortages
- Similarity in drug names
- Not enough time to counsel the patient
- Illegible writing on prescription slip
- Misinterpretation of the prescription
What do I need to produce in order to file a prescription error lawsuit in Columbus, Ohio?
It is quite intimidating to be placed in a position to where you’ll be facing a large pharmaceutical corporation or hospital in court. Do not forget that you have every right to claim the compensation for damages you suffered resulting from the prescription error. In order to have a case, you must prove:
- The responsible party did not follow proper guidelines which resulted in breach of duty
- You experienced injury, illness, or some form of harm as a direct result of the error
- Your damages are serious enough to warrant a lawsuit such as medical complications, medical bills, or even wrongful death
It is in your best interest to hire an experienced prescription error law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio that will stand by your side every step of the way and will fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
If injured, we make absolutely sure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies to ensure the best possible outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
My pharmacy gave me the wrong medication and it made me sick. Can I sue the pharmacy?
Taking the wrong prescription medication can have dire consequences. If your pharmacy filled your prescription in error, you may be entitled to compensation for any illness and / or medical care you required after taking the wrong medication. Our law firm has successfully handled many prescription error cases and can help you recover for any medical care and treatment you needed as a result of the prescription error.
My pharmacy filled my prescription with the right medication but the dosage amount was wrong. What can I do?
Just as taking the wrong prescription medication can have dire consequences, so can taking the correct medication at the wrong dosage amount. Too much medication and you risk overdose. Too little medication and it will not be able to do the job it was intended to do. If your pharmacy filled your prescription at the wrong dosage level and you were harmed, you may be entitled to recover for any medical care and treatment you required after taking the wrong dose of medication. Our law firm has successfully handled many cases where prescriptions were filled at the wrong dosage level and can help you recover for any medical care and treatment you required as a result of taking the wrong amount of your prescription medication.
My pharmacy gave me somebody else’s medication. What can I do?
It depends upon whether or not you actually took the medication and were harmed. If you were, you may have a claim against the pharmacy, although there could be questions as to why you took the medication without verifying that it was your own prescription.
Free Case Evaluation
We're eager to meet with you, see how we can help and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio