Swimming Pool Accident Lawyers Columbus, Ohio
Were you or a child injured in a swimming pool? Let us help you make a case.
A backyard swimming pool can be a fun summer activity, but for many parents, especially those with young children, safety and pool liability is a source of worry.
Have you or your children been injured by a defective swimming pool? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
Swimming pool accidents can be caused by defects in the drain cover, pool design, diving boards, pumps, flotation devices, or slides. In cases that list those previously mentioned causes, you may bring a swimming pool product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer of the item. Strict liability, breach of warranty, negligence, failure to warn, concealment, misrepresentation, or nondisclosure are all theories allowing for such a lawsuit. If you or your child have been injured in a defective swimming pool or on an item for swimming pools, please contact Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio to help earn your entitled compensation.
No legal fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
Free, no-obligation case evaluation
Fair and full justice you deserve
5 reasons why you need a swimming pool liability lawyer in Columbus, Ohio.
- A swimming pool liability attorney knows the questions to ask and how to properly investigate the swimming pool or swimming pool product that caused harm.
- A swimming pool product liability lawyer will have thorough knowledge of the laws and regulations that exist in order to keep consumers safe.
- An experienced swimming pool product liability law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio has a lot of experience, knowledge and connections that will help them fight for fair compensation.
- If you have been a victim of a defective swimming pool, you’ll likely be offered a settlement from the manufacturer. Without experience or prior knowledge, you’d have no way to know if the settlement being offered was sufficient.
- You’ll feel confident in knowing you have a knowledgeable, dedicated, trained professional taking over your case while allowing you to focus on your or your child’s recovery.
What are the typical reasons swimming pool manufacturers, distributors and sellers can be held responsible for damages in Columbus, Ohio?
The person or company held responsible for the injuries sustained in a swimming pool can vary depending on the circumstances or nature of the defect. The injury may be the result of poor design, in the manufacturing of the pool or its parts, in the installation of the pool, or misrepresentations during the sales process of the pool.
Typical questions to ask if you or your child is injured by a defective swimming pool or swimming pool item in Columbus, Ohio.
- Can you provide examples of the types of cases that a product liability attorney handles?
- What type of incidents might lead up to a product liability case?
- What do I have to show in order to be successful in a product liability case?
- What type of inspection of the product does a product liability attorney conduct as part of an evaluation in a product liability case?
- If the swimming pool was used incorrectly, can I still file a product liability case?
- How would I be personally involved in the product liability case? Will I have to testify in court?
- What role do expert witnesses play in proving a product liability case?
What are the common types of defective swimming pools or swimming pool items in Columbus, Ohio?
- Drain and Pump Defects – drains or pumps that are inadequately covered or malfunction can cause what is called “suction entrapment”. The swimmer may become stuck under water because of the powerful suction which could lead to serious injury or even drowning.
- Diving Board, Ladder & Slide Defects – When diving boards are installed in pools that are too shallow, or the diving board or ladder fails, the person using those swimming pool items could become seriously injured including broken bones, head injuries, or drowning.
- Pool Filter Defects – Some pool filters have been known to explode because of compressed air used to power the filter. These explosions could send shrapnel flying through the air causing serious injuries including concussions, lacerations, or worse.
What Our Clients Say
"This team was very compassionate and professional. My lawsuit was extremely frustrating and complicated and they always seem to make me feel better at the end of the day. They were concerned not only with getting me my settlement and fighting for what was right but also concerned with my well being and health! I am so glad I went with this team to handle my case. I would recommend them to anyone."
"Over a year ago I was involved in a car accident and was injured. I contacted Erney Law in Columbus Ohio and spoke to Mary Erney. The following day I met up with the father-daughter duo Robert & Mary Erney... best decision I ever made. They fought for my case 100%. Their honesty and open communication gave me assurance that I was in good hands. Thank you to Mary Erney for being understanding, caring, knowledgeable & determined. If you looking for a great attorney I highly recommend Erney Law."
"Mary and Mr. Erney were very helpful in my case. I didn't have to call and remind them of anything. I heard from them often and never had to reach out for an update. What I loved most was that they recognized who I was every time I stopped by. I didn't feel like just another client like most places make you feel. They were both very professional. I felt comfortable and trusted their advice every step of the way. I will definitely use Mary and Mr. Erney again in the future!"
"Back in Late 2018, I was T-Boned by a Mail Van that went speeding through a stop sign. I wasn't able to fully use my right hand for almost 5 months and this was the first time I had even taken on legal representation. She was very transparent through the entire process and kept me up to date as things progressed with my suit."
"First off let me say, if I could give more than 5 stars, I would! I had the pleasure of working with Mary Erney of Erney Law. She and her entire firm were absolutely amazing! I was searching for an attorney who would take my case since I lived out of state. I thought there was no hope at all. I found Erney Law via online search. I spoke to Mary and from the very first conversation, I knew I wanted her to be my attorney. Why? Because she cared! From the start, her approach was a caring one. She took time to get to know me and my situation and she put her all into my case. She walked me through every step of the process and she was very patient with me and willing to explain any and everything. I could go on and on about the amazing experience I had working with Mary Erney and Erney law. If you are looking for a law firm to handle your case AND one who cares about you as a person, this is the one! I want to say thank you Mary and everyone at Erney Law. It has been a pleasure working with you!"
"Rob and Mary are the best in Columbus. They are very kind and compassionate and will do everything in their power to get you what you deserve. They took the time to come meet with me on multiple occasions when I was in a care facility. They answered all of my questions and explained the processes. I felt completely in the know the entire time. They offered to represent me in court and fought for me with insurance companies with great success. I would highly recommend them to anyone who has been injured in an accident. Next time I need a lawyer they will be my first and only call!"
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible legal representation, positive financial outcome, and can start the healing process in a timely manner.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
We ensure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies and maximize your financial recovery.
We're eager to meet with you about your legal issues, see how we can help, and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your personal injury case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your personal injury case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your personal injury case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio