Swimming Pool Accident Lawyers Columbus, Ohio
Were you or a child injured in a swimming pool? Let us help you make a case.
A backyard swimming pool can be a fun summer activity, but for many parents, especially those with young children, safety and pool liability is a source of worry.
Have you or your children been injured by a defective swimming pool? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
Swimming pool accidents can be caused by defects in the drain cover, pool design, diving boards, pumps, flotation devices, or slides. In cases that list those previously mentioned causes, you may bring a swimming pool product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer of the item. Strict liability, breach of warranty, negligence, failure to warn, concealment, misrepresentation, or nondisclosure are all theories allowing for such a lawsuit. If you or your child have been injured in a defective swimming pool or on an item for swimming pools, please contact Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio to help earn your entitled compensation.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
Free, no-obligation case evaluation
Fair and full justice you deserve
5 reasons why you need a swimming pool liability lawyer in Columbus, Ohio.
- A swimming pool liability attorney knows the questions to ask and how to properly investigate the swimming pool or swimming pool product that caused harm.
- A swimming pool product liability lawyer will have thorough knowledge of the laws and regulations that exist in order to keep consumers safe.
- An experienced swimming pool product liability law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio has a lot of experience, knowledge and connections that will help them fight for fair compensation.
- If you have been a victim of a defective swimming pool, you’ll likely be offered a settlement from the manufacturer. Without experience or prior knowledge, you’d have no way to know if the settlement being offered was sufficient.
- You’ll feel confident in knowing you have a knowledgeable, dedicated, trained professional taking over your case while allowing you to focus on your or your child’s recovery.
What are the typical reasons swimming pool manufacturers, distributors and sellers can be held responsible for damages in Columbus, Ohio?
The person or company held responsible for the injuries sustained in a swimming pool can vary depending on the circumstances or nature of the defect. The injury may be the result of poor design, in the manufacturing of the pool or its parts, in the installation of the pool, or misrepresentations during the sales process of the pool.
Typical questions to ask if you or your child is injured by a defective swimming pool or swimming pool item in Columbus, Ohio.
- Can you provide examples of the types of cases that a product liability attorney handles?
- What type of incidents might lead up to a product liability case?
- What do I have to show in order to be successful in a product liability case?
- What type of inspection of the product does a product liability attorney conduct as part of an evaluation in a product liability case?
- If the swimming pool was used incorrectly, can I still file a product liability case?
- How would I be personally involved in the product liability case? Will I have to testify in court?
- What role do expert witnesses play in proving a product liability case?
What are the common types of defective swimming pools or swimming pool items in Columbus, Ohio?
- Drain and Pump Defects – drains or pumps that are inadequately covered or malfunction can cause what is called “suction entrapment”. The swimmer may become stuck under water because of the powerful suction which could lead to serious injury or even drowning.
- Diving Board, Ladder & Slide Defects – When diving boards are installed in pools that are too shallow, or the diving board or ladder fails, the person using those swimming pool items could become seriously injured including broken bones, head injuries, or drowning.
- Pool Filter Defects – Some pool filters have been known to explode because of compressed air used to power the filter. These explosions could send shrapnel flying through the air causing serious injuries including concussions, lacerations, or worse.
What Our Clients Say
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
We ensure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies and maximize your financial recovery.
Erney Law is your legal team of personal injury lawyers in Columbus, Ohio. We’re eager to meet with you, find ways to help, and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us just as much as it matters to you.
We are Columbus personal injury attorneys and we will help every step of the way. But we need you to take the first step with a FREE CONSULTATION.
Meet with us at our offices so we can get all the facts and details to build your successful personal injury case. It’s time for you and your family to move past the mental and physical pain, and recover the fair compensation for your injuries that you deserve.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio