Railroad Accident Lawyer Columbus Ohio
Have you been hurt as the result of an railroad accident? Let us help you make a case.
Railroad accidents can involve locomotives or light rail systems. Crashes at railroad crossings kill hundreds each year and injure thousands more.
Have you been injured in a railroad accident? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
Every year there are more than 2,000 railroad accidents that leave drivers, bystanders, passengers and railroad workers seriously injured or killed. Railroad accidents are extremely complex due to the fact that multiple parties are often to blame for the accident. Insurance companies and railroad corporations will try to settle for as little as possible, but Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio will fight for the maximum compensation you’re entitled to for your injuries.
No legal fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
Free, no-obligation case evaluation
Fair and full justice you deserve
5 reasons why you need a railroad accident attorney in Columbus, Ohio.
- You should hire a railroad accident attorney because of their experience and extensive knowledge of the laws pertaining to the railroad industry.
- Railroad accident attorneys are skilled negotiators that know how to handle insurance companies. When the railroad or insurance company offers you less than what you’re entitled to, a railroad accident law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio will fight for the highest outcome possible.
- Railroad accident attorneys are experienced and practice these specific types of cases often. Without having an attorney that specializes in railroad accidents, you may not receive the compensation you’re entitled to.
- Your railroad accident attorney will have access to a variety of resources that can contribute to your case if needed. These resources can research and investigate your case gathering evidence to prove the negligence of the railroad company or associated party.
- Your dog bite attorney is a constant legal advocate fighting on your side. Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio has your best interest in mind and will fight for the maximum compensation you’re entitled to.
What are the typical railroad accident injuries in Columbus, Ohio?
Traveling by train is usually the safest mode of transportation. However, derailments and railroad crossing accidents happen, and usually result in serious injury or tragedy. Here is a list of common injuries sustained in a railroad accident:
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Head and spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Partial / complete paralysis
- Organ damage
- Severe bruising
- Wrongful death
Typical questions to ask if you are involved in a railroad accident in Columbus, Ohio.
- If I have been in a train accident or hurt at a railroad crossing, can I file a legal suit?
- Does the train have to crash in order for the train company to be held responsible?
- What damages are recoverable in a railroad accident case?
- If I’m a railroad worker, are my injuries covered by Workers’ Compensation?
- Who’s responsible if the railroad crossing gate and signal malfunctioned causing me to be hit by a train?
- How long does a railroad accident take to investigate?
What can I be compensated for after a railroad accident in Columbus, Ohio?
Railroad accidents can be devastating physically, emotionally and financially. You can recover compensation for your injuries and personal setbacks including the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain & suffering
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- Wrongful death
What Our Clients Say
"This team was very compassionate and professional. My lawsuit was extremely frustrating and complicated and they always seem to make me feel better at the end of the day. They were concerned not only with getting me my settlement and fighting for what was right but also concerned with my well being and health! I am so glad I went with this team to handle my case. I would recommend them to anyone."
"Over a year ago I was involved in a car accident and was injured. I contacted Erney Law in Columbus Ohio and spoke to Mary Erney. The following day I met up with the father-daughter duo Robert & Mary Erney... best decision I ever made. They fought for my case 100%. Their honesty and open communication gave me assurance that I was in good hands. Thank you to Mary Erney for being understanding, caring, knowledgeable & determined. If you looking for a great attorney I highly recommend Erney Law."
"Mary and Mr. Erney were very helpful in my case. I didn't have to call and remind them of anything. I heard from them often and never had to reach out for an update. What I loved most was that they recognized who I was every time I stopped by. I didn't feel like just another client like most places make you feel. They were both very professional. I felt comfortable and trusted their advice every step of the way. I will definitely use Mary and Mr. Erney again in the future!"
"Back in Late 2018, I was T-Boned by a Mail Van that went speeding through a stop sign. I wasn't able to fully use my right hand for almost 5 months and this was the first time I had even taken on legal representation. She was very transparent through the entire process and kept me up to date as things progressed with my suit."
"First off let me say, if I could give more than 5 stars, I would! I had the pleasure of working with Mary Erney of Erney Law. She and her entire firm were absolutely amazing! I was searching for an attorney who would take my case since I lived out of state. I thought there was no hope at all. I found Erney Law via online search. I spoke to Mary and from the very first conversation, I knew I wanted her to be my attorney. Why? Because she cared! From the start, her approach was a caring one. She took time to get to know me and my situation and she put her all into my case. She walked me through every step of the process and she was very patient with me and willing to explain any and everything. I could go on and on about the amazing experience I had working with Mary Erney and Erney law. If you are looking for a law firm to handle your case AND one who cares about you as a person, this is the one! I want to say thank you Mary and everyone at Erney Law. It has been a pleasure working with you!"
"Rob and Mary are the best in Columbus. They are very kind and compassionate and will do everything in their power to get you what you deserve. They took the time to come meet with me on multiple occasions when I was in a care facility. They answered all of my questions and explained the processes. I felt completely in the know the entire time. They offered to represent me in court and fought for me with insurance companies with great success. I would highly recommend them to anyone who has been injured in an accident. Next time I need a lawyer they will be my first and only call!"
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible legal representation, positive financial outcome, and can start the healing process in a timely manner.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
We ensure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies and maximize your financial recovery.
We're eager to meet with you about your legal issues, see how we can help, and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your personal injury case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your personal injury case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your personal injury case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio