Dog Bite Lawyer Columbus Ohio
Have you been hurt as the result of an dog bite? Let us help you make a case.
The magnitude of dog bite injuries can be severe, resulting in serious scarring and deformity and in some cases, even death.
Have you been injured by a dog bite? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
Being attacked or bitten by a dog is a terrifying experience that can lead to serious injury- including deep lacerations and scarring, nerve and tissue damage, rabies, or even death. Often the cause of such attacks are due to the negligence of the dogs owners failing to secure their yard or provide warning that their dog may bite. If you have been injured from a dog bite, it’s highly recommended to contact Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio to pursue the maximum compensation for your injuries.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
5 reasons why you need a dog bite attorney in Columbus, Ohio.
- You should hire a dog bite attorney because of their extensive knowledge of dog bite laws. Dog bite laws cover a myriad of claims. A dog bite attorney can help you initiate a claim against the dog owner.
- Dog bite attorneys are skilled negotiators that know how to handle insurance companies. When the dog owner or insurance company offers you less than what you’re entitled to, a dog bite law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio will fight for the highest outcome possible.
- Dog bite attorneys are experienced and practice these specific types of cases often. Without having an attorney that specializes in animal attacks, you may not receive the compensation you’re entitled to.
- Your dog bite attorney will have access to a variety of resources that can contribute to your case if needed. These resources can research and investigate your case gathering evidence to prove the negligence of the dog owner.
- Your dog bite attorney is a constant legal advocate fighting on your side. Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio has your best interest in mind and will fight for the maximum compensation you’re entitled to.
What are the typical dog bite injuries in Columbus, Ohio?
Your injuries are not your fault and you could be entitled to compensation for damages suffered from a dog bite including:
- Injuries to the face and neck
- Cuts and bruises
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Tissue damage
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of extremities
- Rabies and other infectious diseases
Typical questions to ask if you are bitten by a dog in Columbus, Ohio.
There are a number of questions that your going to have and that your attorney will ask you pertaining to your dog bite case. Here are just a few:
- Is the dog up to date on vaccinations and shots?
- Has the dog ever bitten or attacked anyone prior to this accident?
- Has the dog ever shown any signs of aggression or intimidation before?
- What was the dog doing right before the attack and how was it restrained?
- Did Animal Control investigate the accident?
- Is anyone blaming you for the dog bite?
- Can you identify the owner of the dog that attacked you?
- What the attack on private property and were you or your child permitted to be there?
What can I be compensated for after a dog bite in Columbus, Ohio?
Dog bites can be quite costly. You can recover compensation for your injuries and setbacks including the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain & suffering
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
If injured, we make absolutely sure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies to ensure the best possible outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
I was bitten by a dog. What are my legal rights?
Depending on the reasons that you were bitten by a dog, you may be entitled to compensation under Ohio law. The owner of the dog may have homeowners or renters insurance coverage that would apply in this scenario. Our law firm has extensive experience handling dog bite cases.
Who pays my medical bills for treatment after I was bitten by a dog?
You should advise all of your medical providers to submit their medical bills to your health insurance carrier for payment. This will insure they will be paid in a timely fashion while the insurance issue is investigated.
If I am bitten by a dog, what law applies in Ohio?
Both common law negligence and statutory law apply to dog bites in Ohio. We have extensive experience with dog bites cases and will guide you toward the law that will provide you with the greatest recovery.
Free Case Evaluation
We're eager to meet with you, see how we can help and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio