Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Columbus Ohio
Have you been seriously injured in a pedestrian accident? We’ve helped others like you.
If you were injured by a vehicle or cyclist while crossing the street, walking on the sidewalk or side of the road, you may have the right to recover compensation for your injuries.
Were you hit by a vehicle and injured as a pedestrian? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
Pedestrians have the right of way, and often times, drivers fail to recognize that law. Whether the driver is distracted, speeding, or fails to obey traffic signals or simply disregards the right of way, pedestrian accidents can be extremely serious. Pedestrian accidents can occur in the blink of an eye, often mostly in urban areas and typically after dark when visibility is at its lowest. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio can help you get the justice you deserve.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
5 reasons you need a pedestrian accident lawyer in Columbus, Ohio.
- A pedestrian accident law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio will fight the insurance companies with proof of how much compensation you’re entitled to receive.
- A pedestrian accident attorney knows the law and has experience with the legal process of filing a legal claim. Your attorney will also have your best interest in mind.
- An experienced pedestrian accident attorney has the ability to answer any questions you have at any time and will be dedicated to all of your legal needs.
- Should your case reach the courtroom, your pedestrian accident attorney will serve as your representation, they’ll fully know all the facts of your case, and will be better equipped to favorably speak to the jury on your behalf.
- Your pedestrian accident attorney will help you focus on recovering from your injuries rather than you spending time learning the law and trying to navigate a court case with no experience.
What are the typical pedestrian accident injuries in Columbus, Ohio?
Pedestrians that have been involved in an accident involving a vehicle usually suffer injuries to their abdomen and chest, arms and legs, and their head. Depending on the speed in which they’re struck, as well as the age and condition of the pedestrian will largely determine the outcome of these common injuries:
- Head trauma
- Internal injuries
- Pelvic injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Bone fractures
- Lacerations and bruises
- Wrongful death
Typical questions to ask if you are involved in a pedestrian accident in Columbus, Ohio.
The impact of injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident can be life changing for you and your loved ones. Here are some questions you should ask when hiring an attorney to represent you in your pedestrian accident case:
- What am I entitled to receive compensation for?
- Who is liable for the damages I suffered in my pedestrian accident?
- Do I really need an attorney?
- What if the defendant can’t afford to pay the compensation I’m awarded?
- How much will I have to pay in attorney fees?
- How long will it take to reach a settlement?
What are some of the causes of pedestrian accidents in Columbus, Ohio?
There are a multitude of factors that could lead to a pedestrian accident:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Failing to stop or yield the right of way
- Poor Weather conditions or lack of visibility
- Turns at intersections
- Backing out of driveways or parking spaces
However, not all pedestrian accidents are caused by negligent drivers. Pedestrians have also been known to cause their own troubles by being intoxicated, or distracted walking such as listening to music or texting on their mobile devices. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, let Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio handle your case, present the facts, and help get you the financial compensation you deserve.
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
We ensure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies and maximize your financial recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do pedestrians always have the right-of-way?
No. A pedestrian must cross a street in a designated pedestrian crosswalk and must ensure that he / she is following the signals that allow him/her to walk. If you were injured as a pedestrian, call our office for a consultation concerning whether or not you may have a valid claim for your injuries. Some pedestrian accidents can occur in a “gray” area and you may still be entitled to compensation for your injuries depending on the facts of your case.
If I was injured near my own vehicle, can I make a claim against my own automobile insurance too?
Depending on the insurance coverage of the vehicle who caused the accident, you may also be entitled to make a claim under your own automobile insurance, if you elected to purchase uninsured / underinsured motorist coverage. Our firm has extensive experience handling pedestrian accidents and will explore all possible avenues for available insurance coverage to compensate you for your injuries.
If I was injured, while walking on private property, am I still entitled to make a claim even though the driver did not receive a traffic citation?
Depending on the circumstances, you may still be entitled to make a claim for damages against the at-fault person’s insurance company. Police departments will not issue a traffic citation if you are injured on private property, but that does not mean the other driver was not at fault. Contact our office for a consultation to determine what rights you are entitled to under Ohio law.
Free Case Evaluation
We're eager to meet with you, see how we can help and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio