Bicycle Accident Lawyer Columbus Ohio
Have you been seriously injured in a bicycle accident? We’ve helped others like you.
It is the responsibility of drivers to watch for cyclists and share the roadway. If you’ve been struck, hit by an opening door or sideswiped, you have the right to take legal action.
Were you hit by a vehicle while riding your bicycle? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
First things first, cyclists have the same right to use the roadway as motor vehicles. Motorists often fail to follow the rules of the road which unfortunately heightens the potential for bicycle accidents. Automobiles are responsible for nearly 90% of fatal bicycle accidents in the United States. Due to the sheer size and weight difference between a motor vehicle and a cyclist, the risk for severe injury is imminent. If you or someone you love has been injured while riding their bicycle in Columbus, Ohio look no further than Robert D. Erney for all your bicycle accident lawsuit needs.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
Free, no-obligation case evaluation
Fair and full justice you deserve
5 reasons why you need a bicycle accident attorney in Columbus, Ohio.
- A bicycle accident attorney has your best interest in mind both medically and financially. They want to ensure you get the best possible outcome in your case. They will fight the insurance companies to get the compensation you deserve while they’re trying to pay you as little as possible.
- A bicycle accident law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio will fight the insurance company with proof of how much compensation you’re entitled to.
- An experienced bicycle accident attorney has the ability to answer any questions you may have at any time. They understand the legal process and how to properly file a legal claim, and you’ll have someone dedicated to your legal needs.
- Should your case reach the courtroom, your bicycle accident attorney will serve as your representation, they’ll know all the facts about your case, and will be better equipped to favorably speak to the jury on your behalf.
- Your bicycle accident attorney will allow you to focus on recovering rather than spending your valuable time and resources trying to navigate your way through your case alone and inexperienced.
What are the typical bicycle accident injuries in Columbus, Ohio?
There are many different types of injuries people suffer from a bicycle accident. The types of injuries sustained are greatly reflected by the impact of the collision. Below is a list of common bicycle accident injuries:
- Neck and back injuries
- Ligament and disc injuries
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Partial / complete paralysis
- Spinal cord injury
- Organ damage
- Severe bruising
Typical questions to ask if you have a bicycle accident in Columbus, Ohio.
The injuries sustained in a bicycle accident could be life changing. Here are some questions you should ask when hiring an attorney to represent your bicycle accident lawsuit:
- What am I entitled to receive compensation for?
- Who is liable for the damages I suffered in my bicycle accident?
- Do I really need an attorney?
- What if the defendant can’t afford to pay the compensation I’m awarded?
- How much will I pay in attorney fees?
- How long will it take to reach a settlement?
- Who is held accountable for bicycle accidents that resulted from road defects?
- What if I sustained head injuries because I wasn’t wearing a helmet?
What are the typical types of bicycle accidents in Columbus, Ohio?
Bicycle accidents happen every day and send cyclists to the hospital for a variety of injuries. The most common types of bicycle accidents we see in Columbus, Ohio are:
- Riding into an opening car door
- Vehicles failing to check their mirrors prior to merging or changing lanes
- Rear-end collisions with a vehicle
- Vehicles sideswiping cyclists on the roadway
- Vehicles making right turns in front of cyclists
- Vehicles making left turns causing collisions in the intersection
- Failure to stop at stop signs
- Backing out of parking spaces or driveways without looking
- Distracted driving or driving intoxicated
- Speeding or aggressive driving
What Our Clients Say
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
We ensure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies and maximize your financial recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions
I was injured when I was hit by a car while on my bicycle. Who pays my medical bills?
We recommend that you instruct your medical providers to bill your health insurance. You may be entitled to recovery from the at-fault person’s automobile insurance coverage. Our law firm has a great deal of experience handling complex bicycle accidents.
Should I call the police after being involved in an accident while on my bicycle?
Yes, you absolutely should call the police. This is especially true if there are any injuries. A police officer will be able to fill out a report and will be able to issue traffic citations. Also be sure to ask the at-fault driver for his automobile insurance information, and take photographs of the vehicle’s license plate.
Am I legally required to wear a helmet when riding my bicycle?
In Ohio, there is no law requiring one to wear a helmet while riding a bicycle, although it is a very good idea and may help to reduce injuries if you happen to be in an accident while riding.
I don’t have lights on my bicycle. Can I still ride after dark?
No. In Ohio the law requires that a bicycle have a white light on the front, a red reflector on the rear, and a red flashing light on the rear in addition to the red reflector, at a minimum.
Where am I legally allowed to ride my bicycle?
In Ohio, it is legal to ride a bicycle on the roadway. A bicyclist must obey the same rules of the road as a driver. Some areas may have dedicated bicycle lanes, while others may have specific rules about riding bicycles in other places such as on sidewalks and trails.
Erney Law is your legal team of personal injury lawyers in Columbus, Ohio. We’re eager to meet with you, find ways to help, and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us just as much as it matters to you.
We are Columbus personal injury attorneys and we will help every step of the way. But we need you to take the first step with a FREE CONSULTATION.
Meet with us at our offices so we can get all the facts and details to build your successful personal injury case. It’s time for you and your family to move past the mental and physical pain, and recover the fair compensation for your injuries that you deserve.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio