Work Related Injury Lawyer Columbus Ohio
Have you been hurt as the result of a work related injury? Let us help you make a case.
All employees have the right to work in a safe place. “Intentional tort” is when an employee has been hurt on the job or when someone does something purposefully to harm another, resulting in a workplace accident or injury.
Have you been injured at the workplace? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
If you believe that you were hurt intentionally by your employer in a workplace accident, you may have a claim against your employer under the legal theory of intentional tort, in addition to your Workers’ Compensation claim. Work related injuries can also take place during company sponsored events such as parties, picnics, or other social activities. Contact Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio to fight for the compensation you’re entitled to.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
5 reasons why you need a work related injury attorney in Columbus, Ohio.
- If you’ve been in an accident, your judgement will likely be one-sided and you won’t be very objective. Your work related injury attorney will be level headed and make the best possible decisions to ensure you’re compensated to the maximum potential.
- Your work related injury attorney has experience handling these types of cases which means you won’t have to spend time doing research.
- An experienced work related injury attorney knows how to handle insurance companies, the confusing legal and medical process, and how to deal with all the associated paperwork.
- Your work related injury attorney will work with investigators to examine every detail of the case, perform re-enactments, and interview witnesses to make sure your settlement is the best possible outcome.
- If your case ends up in the courtroom, your work related injury lawyer will be in your corner with your best interest in mind. They know how to speak to the jury and paint you in the most favorable light helping ensure your compensation reaches it’s maximum potential.
What are the typical work related injuries in Columbus, Ohio?
There are thousands of workplace accidents every year, many of them resulting in serious injury. Here is a list of the most common types of injuries:
- Slips, trips and falls
- Muscle strains
- Being hit by falling objects
- Repetitive strain injury
- Crashes / collisions
- Cuts and lacerations
- Toxic fume inhalation
- Hearing loss
- Walking into objects that were left out of place
- Workplace altercations
Typical questions to ask your work related injury attorney in Columbus, Ohio.
You’ve been injured while on the job and you need to know what happens next. Here are a few questions you should ask your work related injury attorney:
- Can I be fired while I’m recovering for my work related injuries?
- If I lose this case, will I owe any fees?
- How long does it take to resolve a case like mine?
- What if the accident was my fault, can I still file a lawsuit?
- What is my case worth?
- How many work related injury cases have you won?
What can I be compensated for after a work related injury in Columbus, Ohio?
Outside of a Workers’ Compensation claim, you can sue for damages under these circumstances:
- If you were injured on the job by a defective product, you may be able to file a products liability claim against the manufacturer of the product in question.
- If you were injured by a toxic chemical or substance, you may be entitled to file a toxic tort lawsuit the chemical or substance manufacturer.
- If you were injured due to the negligence of your employer, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against your employer.
- If your employer does not carry Workers’ Compensation insurance, you may be able to sue your employer in civil court to claim money from a state fund.
- If you were injured because of a third party, you may be able to bring a personal lawsuit against that person or persons involved.
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
If injured, we make absolutely sure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies to ensure the best possible outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
I was injured by someone else’s carelessness while I was on the job. What kind of lawyer do I need?
Depending on the facts, you may need to hire a personal injury lawyer and a workers compensation lawyer. Our office handles workers injury claims that are a result of someone else’s negligence. We work with several workers compensation law firms and will be able to assist you in finding a lawyer to help you navigate the workers compensation portion of your injury as well.
Should I report my injury to my employer?
Yes. You should report your injury to your employer immediately. This will make it much easier to pursue a workers compensation claim if one is available to you.
Should I instruct medical providers to bill workers compensation or my health insurance?
If you are injured while on the job, you may have workers compensation available. Check with your human resources department concerning workers compensation. Alternatively, you can also request that your health insurance be billed for medical services. Our law firm will be able to help you navigate these questions depending on the facts of your injury.
Do I have to go to probate court when a wrongful death case is settled?
In Ohio, the answer is yes. The settlement and distribution of the settlement must be approved by the probate court the estate was established in.
Free Case Evaluation
We're eager to meet with you, see how we can help and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio