Children’s Products Liability Lawyer Columbus, Ohio
Has your child been injured by a defective toy or child car seat? Let’s work together to review your case.
Defective toys and defective children’s products put children at a serious risk for catastrophic injury or death.
Has your child been injured by a faulty toy? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
Defective toys and defective products are an especially significant area of product liability law. Children are vulnerable and not capable of assessing or understanding risk, and these products put them in danger. Defective toys and defective children’s products that result in an injury to a child can be the subject of a product liability lawsuit. Manufacturers, distributors and sellers are responsible for the safety of their products and for warning customers of any dangers associated with those products. If your child is a victim of a faulty toy or product for children, please contact Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio to fight for your compensation.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
5 reasons why you need a children’s product lawyer in Columbus, Ohio.
- An experienced children’s product liability law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio has a lot of experience, knowledge and connections that will help them fight for fair compensation.
- A children’s product liability attorney knows the questions to ask and how to property investigate the toy or other children’s product that caused harm.
- A children’s product liability lawyer will have thorough knowledge of the laws and regulations that exist in order to keep children safe.
- If your child has been a victim of a faulty children’s product, you’ll likely be offered a settlement. Without experience or prior knowledge, you’d have no way to know if the settlement being offered was sufficient.
- You’ll feel confident in knowing you have a knowledgeable, dedicated, trained professional taking over your case while allowing you to focus on your child’s recovery.
What are the typical reasons children’s products manufacturers, distributors and sellers can be held responsible for damages in Columbus, Ohio?
Defective toys and other children’s products can be subject to a recall, however not all defective children’s products are recalled and end up becoming a major problem for consumers. Here is a list of common reasons manufacturers, distributors, and sellers can be held responsible in a children’s product liability lawsuit for:
- Defects in design
- Defects in manufacturing
- Incorrect or incomplete instructions
- Failure to warn of dangers
- Failure to live up to warranty
Typical questions to ask if your child is injured by a defective children’s product in Columbus, Ohio.
- Can you provide examples of the types of cases that a product liability attorney handles?
- What type of incidents might lead up to a product liability case?
- What do I have to show in order to be successful in a product liability case?
- What type of inspection of the product does a product liability attorney conduct as part of an evaluation in a product liability case?
- If my child has used the product incorrectly, can we still file a product liability case?
- How would I be personally involved in the product liability case? Will I have to testify in court?
- What role do expert witnesses play in proving a product liability case?
What are the common injuries caused by defective children’s products in Columbus, Ohio?
Some children may be severely injured while using toys through no fault of their own. Toys that do not comply with federal safety guidelines are considered to be defective. Manufacturers of toys deemed defective can be held responsible for injuries to children including:
- Bruising and abrasions
- Bone fractures
- Puncture wounds
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
If injured, we make absolutely sure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies to ensure the best possible outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
If my child is hurt on a children’s product, can I obtain compensation for my child?
It depends. Expert testimony is necessary to show that a children’s product was defectively designed or manufactured. If we have a critical expert, and if your child was harmed, there may be a legitimate claim against the manufacturer of the children’s product.
Free Case Evaluation
We're eager to meet with you, see how we can help and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio