Uninsured Motorist Lawyer Columbus, Ohio
Were you involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist? We can help.
In the state of Ohio, as well as every other state, every person who owns or drives an automobile is required to carry liability insurance, in the event that they are responsible for an accident.
Was your vehicle damaged in an accident involving an uninsured motorist? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
In the state of Ohio, drivers are not required to purchase uninsured motorists coverage when they enroll in an auto insurance policy. However, it is law in Ohio that all motorists are required to carry liability coverage that pays for damages including medical expenses and property damage. If you do not have uninsured motorist coverage on your insurance policy, it may be difficult to obtain the compensation you deserve however, hiring an experienced uninsured motorist lawyer like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio could bring an impact in your efforts to obtain fair compensation from your insurance company.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
5 reasons why you need a uninsured motorist lawyer in Columbus, Ohio.
- An uninsured motorist law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio will gather as much evidence as possible including photos and video from nearby security cameras, eyewitness testimonies, information about the guilty party’s driving history, and the status of their insurance at the time of the accident.
- An uninsured motorist attorney will fight with insurance companies with proof of how much compensation you or your loved one is entitled to.
- An experienced uninsured motorist attorney has the ability to answer questions you have at any time, they know how to properly file a legal claim, and you’ll have someone dedicated to your legal needs.
- Should you case reach the courtroom, your uninsured motorist attorney will serve as your representation, they know all the facts about your case, and will be better equipped to favorably speak to the jury on your behalf.
- Your uninsured motorist attorney will allow you to focus on recovery rather than spending all your time and resources trying to navigate your way through your case inexperienced and alone.
Who can you sue after an accident involving an uninsured motorist in Columbus, Ohio?
If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist, you may file a claim with your insurance company IF you have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy. Your insurance company will try to settle for as little as possible or may deny your claim entirely. Pursuing this type of claim is very time consuming and complicated, but an experienced attorney that specializes in uninsured motorist cases like Robert D. Erney will help navigated you through this process and ensure that your rights are protected and will fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Why purchasing uninsured motorist coverage is important in Columbus, Ohio.
Roughly 14% of Ohio drivers are uninsured, which means you have a 14% chance that if you’re involved in an accident, you’ll be the one left paying for all the damages. You may ask yourself, “is uninsured motorist coverage really worth it”? The question you should really be asking yourself is, “can I afford to pay for expensive repairs and medical bills out of pocket”? It’s always better to be on the safe side, especially when it comes to protecting yourself, property, and finances.
Uninsured motorist coverage cost will vary depending on the type of vehicle you drive, your age, where you live, and may vary from insurance company to insurance company.
Typical questions to ask your attorney if you have been in an accident involving an uninsured motorist in Columbus, Ohio.
The injuries to yourself and damages to your vehicle stemming from an accident involving an uninsured motorist could be life changing for you and your family. Here are some questions you should ask when hiring an attorney:
- How many uninsured motorist accident cases have you handled?
- What am I entitled to receive compensation for?
- Do I really need an attorney?
- How much will I pay in attorney fees?
- How long will it take to reach a settlement?
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
If injured, we make absolutely sure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies to ensure the best possible outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
I was hit by a person who did not have automobile insurance. What should I do?
You should always carry what is called uninsured motorist coverage with your automobile insurance. Once the fact the person that hit you was uninsured is verified, your underinsured motorist coverage will kick in and cover the damages both to your vehicle and any personal injuries you sustain. Our office has helped numerous people over the years with uninsured motorist claims. Please contact our office to discuss uninsured motorist claims further.
How much uninsured motorist coverage should I carry?
You should carry as much uninsured motorist coverage as you can afford. We recommend carrying at least $100,000 per person, $300,000 per accident in uninsured motorist coverage. Please contact our office to discuss uninsured motorist claims further.
Free Case Evaluation
We're eager to meet with you, see how we can help and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio