Household Products Liability Lawyer Columbus, Ohio
Have you been injured by a defective household item? Let us help you make a case.
It is easy to take it for granted that the household items you use are safe, but sometimes a product you assume is harmless, turns out to be defective and can injure you or someone you care about.
Have you been harmed by a faulty appliance, furniture, or personal grooming item? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
Defective household products can be voluntarily recalled by the manufacturer or can be subject to a recall by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission. For up-to-date information on recent product recalls, visit United States Consumer Product Safety Commission. It is the responsibility of manufacturers and suppliers to protect and warn the user of their product about potential for injuries. Defective household products that pose the risk of injury or death can result in liability to the manufacturers, distributors and sellers. They are responsible for the safety of their products and for warning consumers of any dangers associated with them. If you or a loved one has been injured by a household product in your home, please contact Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio to hire an experienced product liability attorney that will fight for you.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
5 reasons why you need a household products liability lawyer in Columbus, Ohio.
- A household product liability attorney knows the questions to ask and how to property investigate the the appliance, furniture, or other household product that caused harm.
- A household product liability lawyer will have thorough knowledge of the laws and regulations that exist in order to keep these products safe.
- An experienced household product liability law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio has a lot of experience, knowledge and connections that will help them fight for fair compensation.
- If you have been a victim of a faulty household product, you’ll likely be offered a settlement. Without experience or prior knowledge, you’d have no way to know if the settlement being offered was sufficient.
- You’ll feel confident in knowing you have a knowledgeable, dedicated, trained professional taking over your case while allowing you to focus on your recovery.
What are the typical reasons household products manufacturers, distributors and sellers can be held responsible for damages in Columbus, Ohio?
Defective appliances, furniture, and personal grooming products can be subject to a recall, however not all defective household products are recalled and end up becoming a major problem for consumers. Here is a list of common reasons manufacturers, distributors, and sellers can be held responsible in a household product liability lawsuit for:
- Defects in design
- Defects in manufacturing
- Incorrect or incomplete instructions
- Failure to warn of dangers
- Failure to live up to warranty
Typical questions to ask if you are injured by a defective household product in Columbus, Ohio.
- Can you provide examples of the types of cases that a product liability attorney handles?
- What type of incidents might lead up to a product liability case?
- What do I have to show in order to be successful in a product liability case?
- What type of inspection of the product does a product liability attorney conduct as part of an evaluation in a product liability case?
- If the household product in question has been used incorrectly, can we still file a product liability case?
- How would I be personally involved in the product liability case? Will I have to testify in court?
- What role do expert witnesses play in proving a product liability case?
What are the common types of defective household products in Columbus, Ohio?
Defective Electrical Appliances
- Coffee Makers
- Baby cribs
Defective Personal Grooming Items
- Hair dryers
- Hair straighteners
- Curling Irons
- Electric shavers
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
If injured, we make absolutely sure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies to ensure the best possible outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I am injured on a household product, can I sue the manufacturer of that product?
Yes, if there is evidence that the household product was defectively designed or manufactured. Many household products have extensive warnings because they can be dangerous. We have extensive experience in household product liability injuries.
Free Case Evaluation
We're eager to meet with you, see how we can help and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio