Victims of Crime Lawyer Columbus Ohio
Have you been hurt as the result of being a victim of a crime? Let us help you make a case.
Victims of crime have the right to civil remedies against the person who committed the criminal act against them. The Ohio Victims of Crime Compensation Program is set up to reimburse victims of crime or their families who incur expenses or damages from a criminal act of violence.
Have you been a victim of a crime? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
It is the responsibility of a business to secure their property sufficiently to prevent violent crime against the public, using tools like security cameras, proper lighting, metal detectors, and security guards. If a business has failed to take such safety measures, you may have the right to pursue legal action for compensation for your injuries. Erney Law will fight to get the maximum amount of money you are entitled to.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
5 reasons why you need a victims of crime attorney in Columbus, Ohio.
- A victims of crime attorney has your best interest in mind and wants to earn you the highest amount of medical and financial compensation as possible. The insurance company representing the business or property owner want to offer you as little compensation as possible.
- A victims of crime law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio will fight the insurance companies with proof of how much compensation you’re entitled to.
- An experienced victims of crime attorney has the ability to answer any questions you may have at any time, they know how to properly file a legal claim, and you’ll have someone dedicated to your legal needs.
- Should your case reach the courtroom, your victims of crime attorney will serve as your representation, they know all the facts about your case, and will be better equipped to favorably speak to the jury on your behalf.
- Your victims of crime attorney will allow you to focus on recovery rather than spending all your time and resources trying to navigate your way through your case inexperienced and alone.
Typical places where crimes happen in Columbus, Ohio.
In today’s society, enjoying a night out on the town or just doing daily things such as going to the movies, or out to dinner can sometimes lead to you becoming the victim of a crime. Here are some common places crimes occur:
- Nightclubs and bars
- Apartment complexes
- Hotels and resorts
- Shopping malls
- Sports venues and concerts
- Parking garages
- Movie theaters
What will I be informed of as a victim of a crime in Columbus, Ohio?
As a victim of a crime in Columbus, Ohio you have the right to be informed of the following instances in your case:
- The arrest and arraignment of the perpetrator
- Bail proceedings
- Pretrial proceedings
- Dismissal of charges
- Plea negotiations
- Probation and parole hearings
- Release or escape of the perpetrator
What can I be compensated for in Columbus, Ohio as a victim of a crime?
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Funeral expenses
- Property loss
- Insurance deductibles
- Replacement services
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
We ensure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies and maximize your financial recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Either myself or a family member was a victim of a violent crime. What are my options?
Depending on the circumstances of the crime, there may still be insurance coverage available to compensate you/ a family member if you were injured. If there is not, or if there is not adequate coverage, you/your family member may be entitled to apply for Victims Compensation. Our office will be able to advise you of your rights and can get you in contact with the appropriate individuals who can assist you if we are unable to do so.
Free Case Evaluation
We're eager to meet with you, see how we can help and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio