Medication Errors Liability Lawyer Columbus, Ohio
Have you suffered because of a defective medication or medication error? These cases are tricky, but we have had success.
The pharmaceutical industry spends several billion dollars each year to develop and market prescription and over-the-counter medications and drugs, however, mistakes can happen and lead to product liability cases involving the medication.
Have you been affected negatively by a prescribed or over the counter medication? Get a Free Case Evaluation today.
Unfortunately, some pharmaceutical companies sometimes fail to share information about the adverse effects of a drug and as a result, physicians and consumers are not aware of the potential reactions they may have to face. People are also sometimes harmed when their pharmacists fill their prescriptions improperly: either by dispensing incorrect dosages, or even worse, dispensing the wrong prescription entirely. Other times, patients are permanently injured or even killed by defective drugs or prescription errors. These cases fall within a type of law known as product liability. If you’re a victim of defective medication, please contact Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio to help fight you fight for the financial compensation you deserve.
No fees unless your case wins
Contact us directly anytime
5 reasons why you need a medications liability lawyer in Columbus, Ohio.
- You’ll feel confident in knowing you have a knowledgeable, dedicated, trained professional taking over your case while allowing you to focus on your recovery.
- A medications liability attorney knows the questions to ask and how to property investigate the pharmacy or pharmaceutical company that caused harm.
- A medications liability lawyer will have thorough knowledge of the laws and regulations that exist in order to keep patients safe.
- An experienced medications liability law firm like Erney Law in Columbus, Ohio has a lot of experience, knowledge and connections that will help them fight for fair compensation.
- If you have been a victim of an errant medication, you’ll likely be offered a settlement. Without experience or prior knowledge, you’d have no way to know if the settlement being offered was sufficient.
What are the typical reasons medication manufacturers can be held responsible for damages caused by defective medications in Columbus, Ohio?
Defective medication claims are often dealt with as part of a class action lawsuit, however, you can maintain your own lawsuit. Defective drug claims must be based on these three defect categories:
- Defects in design such as side effects that cause harm or injury
- Manufacturing defects causing the medication to become contaminated
- Failure to warn or provide sufficient or appropriate instructions for proper use
Typical questions to ask if you are harmed by a defective medication in Columbus, Ohio.
- Can you provide examples of the types of cases that a product liability attorney handles?
- What type of incidents might lead up to a product liability case?
- What do I have to show in order to be successful in a product liability case?
- What type of inspection of the product does a product liability attorney conduct as part of an evaluation in a product liability case?
- If the medication was used incorrectly, can I still file a product liability case?
- How would I be personally involved in the product liability case? Will I have to testify in court?
- What role do expert witnesses play in proving a product liability case?
How do I join a class action lawsuit for a defective medication in Columbus, Ohio?
Anyone that has ingested a defective drug and as a result were harmed, has the right to file a lawsuit against the medication manufacturer. Medication liability lawsuits are personal injury lawsuits that are often grouped together with other individuals who are in the same situation as you from taking the same medication. This is commonly referred to as “consolidation” or “mass tort”. It’s quite beneficial to the victim to join a class action lawsuit to get the attention of the pharmaceutical company quicker which will likely result in a much more expedient and substantial compensation.
These types of cases will have you already enrolled into the class action lawsuit. You will be mailed an “opt-out” to which you can submit to excuse yourself from taking part in the lawsuit.
What's the process?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and not always guaranteed. Our process ensures that every client we represent will receive the best possible financial outcome, and start the healing process.
Free Case Evaluation
We will first review your case carefully, get to know you, and gain an understanding of your injuries.
Monitor Your Care
If injured, we make absolutely sure you are receiving the proper medical treatment during this difficult time.
We Handle Everything
We will relieve the worry and burden of dealing with the insurance companies to ensure the best possible outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
If my medication harms me, can I sue the product manufacturer?
These cases are always tricky and the answer depends upon whether or not there is scientific evidence that the particular drug is harmful. Presently, there are lawsuits against the manufacturers of Plavix, Fosomax, Propecia, Xarelto, Zofran, Viagra, Cialis, testosterone replacement, and others. If you are injured as a result of your medication. We have extensive experience in medication liability.
Free Case Evaluation
We're eager to meet with you, see how we can help and give you and your family the personal attention you deserve.
Your case matters to us, just as much as it matters to you. We want to help you every step of the way, but in order to do so, we need to meet with you, get all the facts, and work out the details in order to build your case. We will meet with you for absolutely free, and explain to you in full detail the inner workings of how these situations usually end up, how likely you are to win your case, and how compensation works for you and for us.
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Grove City, Ohio
New Albany, Ohio
Upper Arlington, Ohio